Partnership organization, Slovenia
RIC (Development and Information Centre Slovenska Bistrica) is a development-supporting institution whose primary purpose is to promote the development of entrepreneurship, economic development and tourism in the municipality of Slovenska Bistrica. The institution also provides consulting services for the municipalities Makole and Poljčane as well as the surrounding areas.
The activities of the Development Information Center are geared towards the implementation of the four sets of activities:
• Development of the entrepreneurship
• Local and regional development
• Development of tourism
• Rural Development
• Energy management
Information, advice and training on energy management issues.
• Support for the implementation of local/regional energy plans.
• Energy audits of public and private buildings.
• Raising awareness on energy efficiency, renewable energy sources and transport issues.
• Search for energy-management incentive funds at national and international level.
The activities in the specific areas are adjusted according to the specific target groups of users:
• young potential entrepreneurs (students, employees and unemployed individuals), business beginners and growing businesses
• local communities, public institutions and associations,
• the inhabitants of rural areas
RIC is a non-profit organization whose fundamental task is to create values for the target groups of participants in the local environment by developing and distributing resources and capacities. The value refers to services and products which influence the social and economic aspects thus contributing to the development of the society as a whole.
RIC (Development and Information Centre Slovenska Bistrica) currently employs 11 members of staff and maintain the network of app. 800 organizations.